8 Steps to personal and professional success

Posted by on Nov 6, 2016

Speaker and Human Development Specialist, John Broome, shares his 8 steps to personal and professional success.

Take 100% responsibility for your life

Jack Canfield illustrates this with the formula E + R = O. E is the Event, the thing that happens to us. These we have little control over. R is our Reaction to the event. O is the Outcome we receive. Our outcomes in life are not determined by the things that happen to us, but by how we handle those things.

Become very clear and specific about what you want

Crystalize your thinking. Become very clear and specific about what you want. Get balance in all areas of life like: Financial & Business. Relationships. Personal and Material things. Social and Leisure. Personal Growth and Development. Health and Fitness. We have to pay attention to all of these areas. If we only focus on business and money, ignoring the health side, we could end up having a massive heart attack.

Develop a written plan with deadlines

A Harvard study many years ago showed that only 3% of people were independently wealthy. The only measurable difference between them and the other 97% was that they had written and specific goals and a plan in place to achieve them.

Build a winning attitude

banner-advert-john-broome

John Broome’s Mind Power

Experts say that success in business is 10% skill and 90% attitude. Use conventional (affirmations and visualization) as well as modern techniques (Sedona Method, Rescripting, Neuro Associative conditioning and afformations) and technologies like Subliminal and Paraliminal CD’s for changing mindsets.

Our thoughts in the past have created our lives the way they are today. Our present thoughts will create our futures. Is your current thinking what you want your future to look like?

Develop burning desire for what you want

If your why is strong enough, you can break through any obstacles. Focus on emotional as well as physical benefits. Dr John Demartini says you need to write out 200 benefits to yourself for achieving a specific goal. This will move it way up your hierarchy of values and you will start doing what’s necessary to achieve it automatically. You won’t need to motivate yourself to do the necessary work.

Build unstoppable self confidence

Here a 2 pronged approach is needed. Firstly mindset conditioning and secondly the confidence that comes from taking successful action.

Take action and persevere.

You have a plan in place, so now get busy doing the work that will lead to accomplishing your goal. And you have to persevere. You only fail when you quit.

Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen co-authored the first Chicken Soup for The Soul book. 144 publishers turned them down, publisher 145 said yes! The rest is publishing history. The Chicken Soup range of books has sold in excess of 500 million copies!

Get feedback and take corrective action if necessary

Monitor your actions to see if you are getting the results to want. If not, do something different. The craziest thing is to carry on doing what you have always done and expect a different outcome.

Useful questions to ask yourself

Here are some useful questions to ask yourself

  • What do I want?
  • Why do I want it? What’s in it for me?
  • How would I feel if I already had it? Access that emotion now!
  • What am I doing to stop myself from achieving it?

The “System for Personal and Professional Success”

I have a coaching programme “The System for Personal and Professional Success”. I coach my clients over a 12 month period, meeting once a month. Coaching is a “becoming” process, and this takes time.

Remember, highly successful people have become the people they need to be, so that they can take the necessary action to achieve the things that they want. Anyone can become the person they need to be to achieve what they want. So can you!

John Broome

About John Broome

John Broome is a speaker and Human Development Specialist who inspires and empowers people to maximize their ability and potential to achieve greater personal and professional success.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share This
All the Imbizo 2017 dates | Upcoming Imbizos: 7 July • 21 July • 4 August • 18 August

We'd love you to join us

 

If you like what you see, please choose to stay in touch by giving us your email address.

Thanks!

 

Thank you! You have successfully subscribed.